It's hard to believe that my little girl is one year old! This has been such an amazing year watching her grow from a tiny baby to an active toddler. The older she gets the more fun we have with her!
We celebrated Lilly's birthday by having our immediate family over. No one lives close by, so they came from New York, New Jersey, Michigan and North Carolina just for Lilly. It was really great to have everyone together!
Of course we had to do some silly faces... I expect some better faces from Lilly and her Uncle Nyle next year!
There was a little bit of a flag theme. I sewed all of the bunting (flag banners) which were easier than I thought they would be. I just have to remember not to wait until the night before to make them. Matt helped me make the paper flags for the cake and cupcakes.
Cake, cupcakes, and ice cream for dessert.
She didn't know what to make of her cupcake.
Her cousins and Matt helped her open her presents. She had a lot of fun with all of the wrapping paper.
Lilly got a pair of Batman sun glasses and she loves them!
These bubbles were in the goodie bags, mmm they make me want ice cream.
This is us a few days later on Lillian's real birthday. It was her first time with pig tails and she looked so cute so I thought I'd be silly and put my hair up too. She looks like such a big girl in this picture!
We tried to get a family shot but little miss birthday girl wouldn't stay still.
We put together a time capsule for Lilly to open on her 18th birthday. At her party, we video-taped everyone wishing her a happy 18th birthday and of course when it was our turn, I got choked up thinking of Lilly as an adult. Matt and I wrote letters to her and we asked family to bring pictures, letters, magazines, receipts or anything else they'd like to add (we aren't burying it if anyone would like to add to it!). We had the kids do their handprints to put in the time capsule (Emma 4, Michael 4, Sara 2, and Lilly 1).









Loved the pictures! So glad we can see these online and we can read what's happening. It's great to keep in touch. We miss you all a lot so this is the next best thing! ~ Aunt Sue
ReplyDeleteThese are great photos! Thanks for putting them up so we can all see them! Can't wait to see all odf you soon. Love, Aunt Sandy
ReplyDeleteThis is such a beautiful way to honor your daughter and capture such wonderful memories. You will have to tell me how to do this blog stuff sometime. Our love to you and little Lily <3
ReplyDelete