Don't you think every day should be Mother's Day? I had the best day ever! Matt got up with Lilly so I could sleep in late. Then he made me a nice big breakfast of french toast, bacon, eggs and orange juice.
Matt and Lilly got me two potted plants and a strawberry plant. Unfortunately since getting them, we went on a two week trip and the two potted plants didn't make it. The strawberry plant is hanging on for dear life. I'm still hoping I can nurse them all back to good health.
When Lilly woke up from her nap, we went and explored a new area that we'd never been to. We went to Napatree Point in Westerly, Rhode Island. We did some window shopping, saw the country's oldest flying horse merry-go-round (built in 1876), and played on the beach. It was so pretty, and Lilly loved playing in the sand.
We ended the night with a late diner at home that Matt slaved away making after Lilly went to bed. It was pasta with broccoli, ham, smoked gouda, and a chipotle cream sauce, served with a salad and a nice big glass of wine! What a perfect end to a perfect day!














No comments:
Post a Comment