Lilly is a big chatter box like her daddy and is starting to try to say words. She says da da for daddy, bir for bird, bab for baby and once in a while I'll get a ma ma for me. We've also been teaching Lilly sign language since she was six months old, since babies can learn how to sign before they can speak. She's understood some of the signs for a while but now she's starting to do them back! So far she's doing "all done" and "more." She first did all done when Matt was trying to get her down for a nap, and she stuck her arms up in the air and did the sign for all done. Another new thing that she's doing this month is pointing to her eyes and nose when we ask her to. She also claps if we say "yay" or "good job."
Leah's wedding
We spent Lilly's 10 month birthday in New Jersey at my friend Leah's wedding where I was her matron of honor. Matt was worried Lilly was going to be too loud during the ceremony so they waited out in the lobby. It was a very nice wedding and we had a great time at the reception. Lilly even stayed up past her normal 8:00 p.m. bedtime which excited Matt because he could eat dinner. The wedding was in a hotel which was super convenient, so Matt and Lilly went to the room around 10:00 p.m. while I was able to stay until the end.
There's the happy bride and groom behind us.
My dress had pockets which was awesome! Working in wardrobe all of those years paid off too because I was able to alter my own dress.
Easter
Easter was the day after the wedding which worked out well because we were able to spend it with my mother since we were already in New Jersey. My sister-in-law Sherri and niece Emma stopped by too.We also had Easter at home in Connecticut where we dyed eggs and had an egg hunt.
My first Mother's Day!
Matt's parent's came to visit. We had really great weather so we ate brunch at a place out on the water. After brunch I wanted a picture with Lilly since it was mother's day and so Matt passed her to me and she started to cry. She wanted Matt to hold her not me. I couldn't believe it, she never did that before. Didn't she know it was my day to shine as a parent? Of course it made Matt's day. Matt and Lilly made me a really cute card that included a hand print, a foot print, and some drool. They also got me very pretty flowers and a bird house that I really wanted.








My favorite post!!! So adorable....love the pix, especially the first one! Can't wait to see more!!! xoxo Ugggh, it won't let me comment thru my google acct, I don't know what's up...???
ReplyDelete