Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Our new home

Everyone has been asking about our new place, so I thought I'd give you a tour.  We live in the lower level of a two family house on a nice quiet block.  We are really enjoying it here.  Our favorite part of the whole place is our deck that overlooks woods and a pond.  We're out there several times a day!  We haven't had a chance to decorate yet.  All of the wall colors were like that when we moved in.  The landlord gave us the okay to paint Lilly's room which I'm very excited about!  My goal is to have her room done by her birthday.  You can click on any of the pictures to see them bigger.



This is the front of the house.  This picture was taken on St. Patrick's Day, so it's much greener out now.  The car all the way to the right is ours.



The rest of these pictures were taken on Mother's Day, so they're up to date.  This is the living room.  I think Lilly is going to want to use Matt's comic wall as a climbing wall and we'll find her on top one day. 






Kitchen.





Lilly's room.






Matt's library in the hall near the bathroom.



Lilly's and my library and game closet off the kitchen.  The toys in there are all book related.  It's fun when there is a stuffed animal to go with the books that we read to Lilly.  We're also storing Matt's framed pictures in there until he gets a chance to hang them in the office bedroom.



Bathroom/laundry room.





Our bedroom and Matt's office.  We have an extra bed for Lilly in our room because I'm lazy for her 5 a.m. feeding and bring her into our room until she's up for the day between 6 and 8 a.m. 








Deck.  Some times Lilly and I lay a blanket down and play here since it's nice and shaded.  





Side yard.  We play over here when we want some sun.



Basement.  The basement is a really big dry room that will mostly be storage.  We're hoping once everything is down there we'll still have some room so I can have a little creative work space and Matt can have a quiet place to read.  This picture was taken before we moved in.  Right now, it's a mess.



There are also some really nice hiking trails that start next door to us!


No comments:

Post a Comment