Matt went to Michigan for a week and he hated being away from us girls. He made us Skype him every day. It was nice to get a little alone time with Lilly before my maternity leave was over. One of my best friends, Valarie, came to visit from California while Matt was away and it was so nice to spend some girl time together.
I've been wanting to buy a good camera for years and now that we have a little girl that is constantly doing something adorable I decided it was time. I was completely clueless on how to use it. While Valarie was visiting and since she is a talented photographer, she gave me a crash course and took some pictures of Lilly. They came out great!!!
We tried to go out as much as possible while the weather was nice and enjoy the neighborhood.
When Matt got back from Michigan we had several picnics in the park.

Lilly has pretty much outgrown our bathroom sink but look how cute she looks in it!
She loves tummy time.
Forgive me, these next two pictures are pretty gross but I thought I'd throw them in to warn those of you who would like to give parenthood a try. I normally shed a lot but my hair started falling out in huge handfuls. The photo below is what falls out every day in the shower and I also lose about the same amount after I brush it. Come on, it looks like a small animal is staring up at me after every shower!!! I thought something was seriously wrong with me until I searched good old Google and found out that it was a side affect of post pregnancy that usually occurs from 3 to 6 months post baby. I hope I still have hair left! The other picture is my thigh after carrying Lilly's stroller up and down the subway stairs. Ouch! I'm so glad I don't have to do that every day!
At the end of the month it was time to return to work and boy was that hard! In three months I had never been away from Lilly for more than three hours on two occasions. I had a lot of trouble walking out the door on that first day of work and when I finally did I cried until I got to the subway. At the end of the day the subway felt like it took forever getting me home and when I finally got there Lilly didn't even know I was gone. We are really lucky that Matt works from home and can be Mr. Mom when I'm at work so at least I know she's in good hands.
| Did I mention that she found her thumb? |





No comments:
Post a Comment